Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to the World Colton Scott!


Colton's First Photo :-)

This is a repost from a post I posted on the bump.  But I wanted to include it in my blog :-)

Colton was born 07-08-09 at 10 45 AM weighing in at 6 lbs 13 oz and measuring 19 1/4 inches long!



Labor was fairly easy for me thanks to pain meds and the epi. The pain meds they gave me just made me completely forget the hard labor. All I really remember was waking up like twice with really bad contractions, my DH telling me to breath and than the nurse telling me if I wanted the Epideral I needed to wake up because they won't give it to me if I am "drugged" out. They said I was 1.5 CM when they gave me the epi and than about 40 minutes later the Dr. came in and told me to start pushing (DH later told me that when the Dr came in I was already crowning and he could see the baby's head). I think I must have been pushing because when they were getting the bed set up I was feeling a lot of pressure. I only pushed through 5 contractions before Dr said he had been down there too long and that she was going to give me one more chance and than she was going to have to vaccum him out. And so he was born :-)

Being that he was in the birth canal so long the first few minutes were scary. Dr set him on my belly but he didn't cry at first, than they took him over to the bed where they cleaned him up. He didn't cry and didn't have a "good color", but thankfully they got him to come around. He spent a while in "transitional" care and I only got to hold him for a minute (Dh didn't get to hold him at all) before they took him there. It was a very scary time, and I didn't exactly know what was going on. The only people that were allowed to hold him that day and most of the next were Dh and I (which I didn't want him passed around anyway) and he didn't get an actual bath until the midnight assessment. But he is doing well and is a healthy baby boy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment